Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break & JC Dinner #3

After this harsh winter, I was desperate to escape to somewhere warm during spring break. Since my friend C is leaving the hot Florida weather soon for a bigger city with brighter lights, I thought it appropriate to visit her in Miami one last time where we like to indulge in the hot weather and our favorite Taiwanese restaurant (Mr. Chu's in Coral Gables). I literally counted the minutes until I could run onto the beach.  The sand between my toes did not disappoint!





We did venture out onto Ocean drive a couple of times where we enjoyed dinner and music....and a couple of mojitos...

When we returned home, we had the third JC dinner to look forward to at S and M's lovely abode. I made a cream of mushroom soup with garlic croutons, parsley, and a dash of brandy; our gracious hosts made a pork loin with sauerkraut and potatoes (my FIRST encounter with sauerkraut and it was delish); N had the kid friendly dish of chicken and rice, healthy veggies, and chocolate graham crackers; and R topped it off with Pastry Cream enhanced with fresh strawberries and sugared almonds. The nite was topped off with beautiful easter decorations, hide and seek, lots of laughter, really good czech beer, and a champagne that is parenting friendly! We had so much fun we all lost track of time and rolled out of there way past our bedtimes. Thank you S and M for a wonderful meal and for hosting!


No comments:

Post a Comment