Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chocolate Macarons



What do I do when I have an excess of egg whites? I make macarons of course! These are so tricky to make. I could make 3 perfect batches and then the next batch will be a complete flop. Since I haven't made any in a couple of months, I thought I better not get too rusty so I hunkered down to make a couple of batches. I also thought they would make nice little favors to give to friends I will be seeing this weekend.
I churned out some chocolate macarons and filled them with a peanut butter concoction (recipe is courtesy of Aran Goyoaga of Cannelle et Vanille) http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/2008/08/chocolate-macarons-and-tropical-storm.html. My next batch will be coffee macarons filled with milk chocolate ganache...pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment